Russia Mining Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2018
Available in: English
Russia’s mining and quarrying sector is a key industry in the country’s economy with the value of production equal to 15% of the nominal GDP in 2017. In Russian statistics, the sector includes extraction of oil and gas, the country’s biggest cash earners. Thus, energy-related materials like oil, gas and coal dominate the mining industry with their output equivalent to 77% of the total mining and quarrying production value in 2017. The mining industry is a significant contributor to the overall exports and an important source of hard currency for Russia. In 2017, exports of minerals accounted for close to 60% of the total exports of the country. The sector employs some 1.1mn people, or 1.5% of the total workforce. Globally, Russia is the second largest miner of rough diamonds, the third largest gold producer and the third largest coal exporter.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: