Russia Pharma Healthcare Sector 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2020
Available in: English
Russia’s pharma and healthcare sector holds significant growth potential, stemming from the country’s large and aging population. Russia is home to largest pharmaceutical market in Central and Eastern Europe and is a key emerging market for multinational pharmaceutical majors. The sector of healthcare and social work activities generated 3.1% of the Russian GDP in 2019 and employed 7.9% of the country’s workforce. In 2019, total healthcare spending amounted to RUB 5.7tn, equivalent to 5.2% of nominal GDP, with the government taking the lion’s share of 58%. The country is a net importer of pharmaceutical products. Multinational pharma groups dominate the domestic drug and medical equipment market but local producers have gained market share in recent years, taking advantage of supportive government policy and the depreciation of the rouble.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the pharma and healthcare sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the pharma and healthcare sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: