Russia Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2022-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2022
Available in: English
Russia’s healthcare expenditure grew significantly in 2020, mainly reflecting increased spending related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Total spending on healthcare surged by nearly a fifth to RUB 6.2tn in 2020, equal to 5.8% of the country’s nominal GDP. The growth was entirely driven by the government expenditure, while private healthcare spending stayed broadly unchanged form 2019. The government segment accounted for a 79% share of total healthcare expenditure in 2020. The country is a net importer of pharmaceutical products. Multinational pharma groups dominate the domestic drug and medical equipment market but local producers have gained market share in recent years, taking advantage of supportive government policy and the depreciation of the rouble.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: