Russia Tourism Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
Estimated at USD 84bn in 2019, Russia’s tourism and leisure sector ranks among the 20 largest globally. However, its total contribution to GDP is 5%, which is far below the global average that year of 10.3%. The sector still has a negative balance in terms of tourist arrivals: 24.4mn arrivals versus 45.3mn outbound trips, even though the 2018 FIFA World Cup was expected to improve Russia’s international profile. The grand event affected key indicator dynamics significantly – after a surge in 2018 most of them moderated in 2019 or even declined. The sector’s real GDP growth came at 0.6% y/y, while the value of accommodation services decreased by 3.3% y/y to RUB 247.3bn. The travel agency and related services subsector, on the other hand, recorded a 4.5% y/y growth, solely on the back of strong growth of services sold to Russian citizens.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: