Russia Transportation Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2018
Available in: English
With a population of nearly 147mn people, Russia ranks the ninth most populous country and the largest by territory in the world. That alongside Russia’s favourable geographic position and the wealth of natural resources predetermine the central role the transportation sector plays in the country’s economic development. The sector generates some 6% of the GDP, employs 10% of the country’s workforce and attracts 13% of the fixed capital investments. Russia has the second largest railway network in the world. Nevertheless, road transportation is the preferred mode for carrying both passengers and freight.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: