Russia Transportation Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2019
Available in: English
Russia’s transportation sector generates over 6% of the country’s GDP and provides employment to 10% of the workforce. Russia is a net exporting country in terms of transport services, as exports exceeded imports by USD 5.4bn in 2017. Transport services earned 5.5% of the country’s export revenues in 2017. Russia has an extensive transport infrastructure network, comprising 1.6mn km of roads, 86,000 km of railway lines and 540 km of metro tracks. Road transport is the dominant transportation mode for both passengers and freight. Buses are the most common transport mode for passengers, accounting for 61% of passenger numbers, while road transport accounted for 68% of freight volumes in 2017.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: