Thailand Automotive Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
In 2018, Thailand was the largest producer of four-wheel vehicles in the ASEAN region and the 12th largest vehicle producer and market in the world. The country’s four-wheel vehicle market was the second-largest in ASEAN in that year. The strength of the industry lies in the long-standing presence of Japanese car manufacturers who have achieved a high level of productivity allowing them not only to supply the local market, but also to consolidate Thailand as the major export hub of the ASEAN region. Thus, Thailand’s motor vehicle export value including motorcycles reached its fourth
consecutive record high in 2018 and accounted for 8.2% of the total value of Thai exports the same year. The next step for the Thai motor vehicle industry is to maintain its regional leadership through the promotion of green car manufacturing.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: