Thailand Automotive Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
Thailand is the largest producer of four-wheel vehicles in the ASEAN region and the 11th largest vehicle producer in the world. Additionally, the Thai four-wheel vehicle market is the second-largest in ASEAN and the 17th-largest market in the world. The strength of the industry lies in the long-standing presence of Japanese car manufacturers, which achieved a high level of productivity that allows them not only to supply the local market, but also to consolidate Thailand as the major export hub of the ASEAN region. The share of four-wheel vehicle export volume over the total motor vehicle output averaged 56% over the period 2013-2019. Moreover, the automotive industry accounted for 7.7% of the total value of Thai exports in 2019. To preserve its position as the production and export hub for four-wheel motor vehicle in ASEAN, the Thai government has promoted green car manufacturing.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: