Thailand Electric Power Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
Thailand is the third-largest power producer and consumer in ASEAN. The electric power sector takes 2.6% of the Thai economy, and contributes to about 0.3% of the overall employment. At the same time, the power sector is an important enabler of economic growth and social welfare. The electric power mix is dominated by natural gas which accounted for 55% of the total supply in 2020. Coal and lignite-based power accounted for 18%, while renewable energy sources took a 12% share. About 14% of the overall power supply comes from imports from Laos and Cambodia. The overall transmission line length amounts to more than 37,200 km and is entirely owned and operated by the state-owned Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents: