Thailand Food Beverage Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
Thailand is the world's 51st-largest country by area, the 20th-biggest by population, and the 28th-largest in terms of the size of its economy. Its food and beverages sector, among the most developed in the world, is the country’s third-largest by value, contributing 23% to national GDP. Thailand’s major food exports include rice, canned tuna, sugar, meat, cassava products, and canned fruit. Segments such as meat products, animal feed, vegetable oil, and dairy products mostly focus on the domestic market. Westernising lifestyles, urbanisation, and tourism help boost food and beverage manufacturing and retail in the country, while labour shortage is one of the industry’s major challenges. Over recent years, convenience stores have been taking market share from both traditional retail and large supermarket formats.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: