Thailand Food and Beverage Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2017
Available in: English
Food and beverage manufacturing and food service provided 6.0% and 2.5%, respectively, of the country’s GDP in 2015. These activities employ several million people in Thailand and account for significant portions of household expenditure. In spite of the political instability of 2013 that led up to the military coup the year after, Thailand’s military government continues, as of early 2017, to receive majority support and royal backing from the newly-annointed King Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun. This has set the country’s overall economy and the food and beverage sector on an upward trajectory, despite increased competition from Thailand’s regional neighboursand economic slowdown in the country’s major trading partners China and Japan.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: