Thailand Food and Beverage Sector Report 2020-2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2020
Available in: English
Thailand’s food and beverages sector, among the most developed in the world, is the country’s third-largest by value, contributing 23% to national GDP. Thailand’s major food exports include rice, canned tuna, sugar, meat, cassava products, and canned fruit. Related to managing the COVID-19 crisis in the country, the government temporarily removed food exports from its priority list, focusing on meeting domestic food demand instead. In a business-as-usual situation food and beverages manufacture in the country is boosted by westernised lifestyles, urbanisation and tourism, while labour shortage is one of the industry’s major challenges. The outbreak of the COVID-19 epidemic in Thailand has sent consumer confidence into freefall in circumstances not seen since the Asian Financial Crisis of the late 1990s. The novel coronavirus is feared to have deep and long-lasting effects on the food and beverages sector and Thailand’s economy as a whole.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: