Thailand ICT Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2018
Available in: English
Thailand's ICT sector is one of the most competitive and well developed within the ASEAN region; for example, broadband and mobile penetration is higher in Thailand than in any other ASEAN country besides Malaysia and Singapore. Thailand also has a vibrant and highly competitive broadcasting industry which has been enhanced recently with the transition to digital terrestrial broadcasting ("DTTB") in 2014, although government broadcasters still account for a significant share of the market. Consumers and businesses in Thailand have also been increasingly aware of the benefits of digital technologies, and this has spurred demand in the postal and courier services, and the software and ICT services subsectors.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain [country name]’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by subsector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).