Thailand ICT Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
Thailand saw its Internet economy grow to USD 16bn in 2019 from USD 6bn in 2015, driven by sustained increase in penetration of mobile and broadband services in the country. The mobile and fixed broadband subsectors are intensely competitive with few players operating in the space. In the broadcasting subsector, the shift to digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting has intensified competition as it has provided more choice for customers. In the Free-To-Air (FTA) segment, government is the dominant player. Thailand Post is the sole operator in the postal segment, while private players dominate the courier segment, which has benefitted from the e-commerce wave. The software and services subsector is fragmented, and the low adoption of technology by SMEs provides this subsector with growth opportunities.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain [country name]’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by subsector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).