Thailand ICT Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
In October 2018, the government launched Thailand 4.0 to transform the country into a digital economy. This has proven to be beneficial for the ICT sector as it remains one of the fundamental drivers of digitalisation. Thailand launched 5G in February 2020 and according to NBTC, in 2020, 5G deployment contributed USD 5.7bn or 1.2% of GDP, which will increase to USD 10.7bn in 2021 and USD 15.3bn in 2022. The traditional operating model of the broadcasting subsector is being challenged with over-the-top (OTT) platform as consumption patterns change and companies are adapting to this change. Parcel delivery services have benefitted by enhanced demand from retail customers on the back of the e-commerce boom. The importance of the software and services segment is on the rise as enterprises digitalise and adopt next gen technology.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain [country name]’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by subsector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: