Thailand Insurance Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2021
Available in: English
Thailand has a fragmented insurance sector, with approximately 80 licensed insurers active in the market. Despite the numerous market players, insurance penetration in Thailand remains low at 5.4% of GDP in 2020, significantly lower than the average of 9.6% of GDP in the advanced Asia-Pacific countries. Several demographic factors also point towards high insurance growth potential, specifically, a growing Thai middle-class, an ageing population, and a growing incidence of chronic illnesses like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Intense price competition to gain market share has eroded insurers’ profitability in some basic lines of business, forcing players to devise innovative policies to differentiate themselves from their counterparts.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Thailand.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: