Thailand Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2022-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2022
Available in: English
Thailand’s pharmaceuticals and healthcare sector has developed considerably over the past few decades. The Thai government initiated its plan to deliver universal healthcare to all Thais in 2002, which has proven so successful that more than 99.9% of the Thai population receives public healthcare coverage. Thailand has also become a regional medical tourism hub, with more Joint Commission International-accredited hospitals than any other country in the ASEAN region, drawing in nearly 1mn medical tourists every year. Despite these advances, there are still significant disparities in healthcare infrastructure between the capital city and the other regions. Also, Thailand remains import-dependent for its medical supplies, including medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: