Thailand Retail Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2016
Available in: English
The Thai retail sector is highly dynamic. Over the past years, modern retailing has almost supplanted traditional retail as the preferred way for Thai consumers to purchase their goods. The convenience store retail format is particularly popular in Thailand; for instance, the country boasts, as of mid-2016, the highest number of outlets of international convenience store chain 7-Eleven in the world, after the US and Japan. Growth in the Thai retail sector is the strongest in the upcountry – the north and northeastern provinces – due to the increasing trade between Thailand and Laos. Growth in Bangkok and the central provinces has moderated, due to saturation in the retail sector in these regions.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: