Thailand Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2021
Available in: English
Thailand has a broad range of natural, cultural, and modern attractions to cater to practically every tourist’s desires. More recently, Thailand has also developed a strong reputation in the medical and wellness tourism niches. Thailand is one of the world’s top tourist destinations, attracting almost 40mn tourists to its shores in 2019. Tourism accounts for approximately 20% of Thailand’s GDP, underscoring its importance to the Thai economy. Thailand’s location at the heart of Southeast Asia positions the country perfectly to benefit from the region’s rising middle class. China is a medium-haul flight away from Thailand, and Chinese tourists have become the primary driver of growth in Thailand’s tourist arrivals, with Chinese arrivals increasing 14-fold between 2009 and 2019.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: