Thailand Transportation Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2016
Available in: English
The value added of Thailand’s transport rose by 7.4% y/y in 2015. The sector employed some 1.2 million people, or roughly 3.1% of the total employment in 2015. Although Thailand is a popular tourist destination, the country runs a foreign trade deficit in transport services due to its significant transport services imports. The government has announced programmes for transport infrastructure development aimed at upgrading railways and urban transport. The master plan for 2015-2022 has a budget of almost THB 3.4tn, with most of the spending being frontloaded in 2016.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: