Thailand Transportation Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
The value added of Thailand’s transportation and communications sector stood at THB 1,030.7bn in 2016, growing 5.5% y/y from 2015. The sector recorded 44,672 transportation and storage enterprises that employed some 1.2 million people, or approximately 3.2% of the country’s total employment in 2016. Thailand’s demand for transportation services is supported by the booming tourism sector, growing urbanisation, increasing regional trade, and the government’s push to position the country as a logistical hub in Southeast Asia.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: