Turkey Agriculture Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2019
Available in: English
Turkey’s agriculture sector generates nearly 6% of the country’s GDP and provides employment for almost a quarter of the workforce, as it is the principal employer in rural areas. The sector benefits from favourable geographical conditions and climate, large arable lands and a sizeable market, satisfying the dietary needs of 82mn Turkish citizens and about 40mn tourists every year. The sector exploits nearly half of the country’s land and uses nearly three-quarters of national freshwater withdrawals. Turkey is the world’s leading producer of hazelnuts, cherries, apricots, figs and quinces and is a major producer of barley, rye, sugar beet, poultry, cotton, tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Turkey’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: