Turkey Consumer Goods & Retail Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
Home to nearly 80mn people, Turkey ranks as one of Europe’s 10 largest markets in terms of consumption expenditure and among the five biggest in terms of food expenditure. This strong consumer demand fuels the retail sector, making it one of Turkey’s fastest growing sectors. Food retailing dominates the retail sector, generating some 62% of its total turnover in 2015, according to the Turkish Federation of Shopping Centers and Retailers (TAMPF).After a tough 2016, consumer indicators have started to improve, fueling expectations that retail sales will resume a steady growth trend in 2018.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Turkey
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: