Turkey Food and Beverage Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2021
Available in: English
Turkey has a well-developed food and beverages sector, serving a young and growing population of over 84mn. In addition to the large domestic market, the sector serves a large number of foreign tourists, rising by 14.2% y/y to 45.1mn in 2019. There are 45,097 food processing and 681 beverage producing enterprises in Turkey as of 2019, according to the latest statistics published by the country’s Statistics Office. Food and beverage production is set to bounce back, as food production makes up 13.6% of overall industrial production in the country. Food and non-alcoholic drink spending accounts for over 20% of Turks’ household consumption. Turkey is a net exporter of food and drinks and the sector’s trade surplus widened by 1.7% y/y to USD 7.1bn in 2020, as the country exported a record high of USD 12bn worth of food and drinks.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Turkey
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Ascertain Turkey’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: