Turkey Food and Beverages Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2018
Available in: English
One of the world’s top 10 food producers, Turkey has a developed food and beverage industry, which both supplies a population of over 80mn and exports. The food and beverage processing sector accounts for 12.7% of Turkey’s total manufacturing industry, according to data published by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Turkish households spent TRY 467bn on food, drinks and tobacco in 2017, which represented 24.4% of their annual budget. Solid GDP and disposable income growth, alongside rising urbanisation rates and a young population, is fuelling consumption and thus supporting the development of the sector. However, persistent high inflation and a depreciating local currency are eroding the purchasing power of the population, implying challenges for the consumer outlook.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Turkey
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Ascertain Turkey’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: