Turkey ICT Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2017
Available in: English
The Turkish information and communications technologies (ICT) sector has been expanding rapidly in recent years supported by the country’s young population, rising incomes and improving computer literacy. The sector achieved a real growth of 6.3% y/y in 2016, outperforming the country’s GDP increase, which sharply slowed to 2.9% from 6.1% in 2015. The number of registered mobile subscribers went up by 1.9% y/y to 75.1mn in 2016, while the number of broadband Internet subscribers jumped28.1% y/y to 62.2mn, with over 81% of them being able to access the web through their mobile phones. The mobile average revenue per unit (ARPU) has also been growing in recent years to reach TRY 27.13in the last quarter of 2016, up by 10.7% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Turkey.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Ascertain Turkey’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: