Turkey Insurance Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
Turkey’s insurance sector witnessed robust growth throughout 2013-2017, with premiums rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6% over the five-year period. Expansion was supported by increasing employment, consumption and household incomes. The country’s favourable demographics, high urbanisation rate and expanding middle class are reasons to expect continued growth in the sector. However, growing concerns of a hard landing in the economy, which has been running hot for years, will pose a hurdle to growth in the short-term. Insurance penetration and density remain well below world averages, and those of Europe in particular. When measured by premiums per capita, Turkey was Europe’s fourth least developed market in 2017.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Turkey.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Turkey’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: