Turkey Mining Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
Since 2010, Turkey has introduced several key reforms to liberalise the mining sector in an attempt to attract foreign players and support government efforts to develop the country’s significant mineral resources. Developing the mining industry and reducing the sector’s foreign trade gap are seen by the government as important steps in achieving its goal of helping the country become the 10th biggest economy in the world and Europe’s third largest by 2023. Turkey is home to around 80 globally traded mineral commodities and its proximity to Europe and western Asia positions it to become a key mining resource supplier to the region. As of 2017, the Turkish mining and quarrying sector accounted for less than 1% of the economy in terms of GVA, which implies significant potential for growth.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Turkey
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Ascertain Turkey’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: