Turkey Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2020
Available in: English
Turkey’s healthcare system has been fully reformed under the 2003-2013 Health Transformation Programme (HTP), expanding the coverage and quality of health services across the country. Healthcare has been among the government’s top priorities and as such public health expenditure has been protected from the budget cuts that have been implemented in other sectors in the wake of the economic crisis. In 2019, the government allocated TRY 157bn for health, including social security and capital expenditure, up by 23% y/y. Another 20% increase in spending is planned for 2020. However, Turkey still has the lowest health expenditure in proportion to GDP among members of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Turkey
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: