Turkey Real Estate and Construction Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2020
Available in: English
For more than a decade, the construction sector has been a major driver for the Turkish economy’s expansion at rates above 5%. The rapid expansion was supported by favorable demographics and government policies, which included large infrastructure and energy projects, urban redevelopment and hospital construction. The fast growth came at the cost of piles of debts, however, many of which were borrowed in foreign currency at times when the financial markets were positive for emerging markets. After the collapse of Turkish lira in August 2018, the construction sector experienced a dramatic downturn, registering a contraction of 11.2% y/y in output for the first half of 2019. The decline followed a 2.1% drop in 2018, the first since 2009.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction and real estate sector for [country name]. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction and real estate sector in [country name]
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in [country name]
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in [country name]
- Ascertain [country name]’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in [country name]
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering) and the property market dynamics (e.g. vacancy rates, new leases and new projects).
See below for a complete table of report contents: