Turkey Renewable Energy Sector 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2021
Available in: English
Turkey is home to the second largest renewables-based power capacity in Emerging Europe after Russia. With almost 50 GW of installed capacity, renewables contribute to more than half of the total capacity, and 42% of the power generation mix. Hydropower is the leading renewable energy (RE) technology, accounting for 63% of total RE capacity and generating about a third of the country’s total power output in 2020. Wind comes second with 8.8 GW of installed capacity, which translates into 18% share in the sector, while solar energy facilities altogether amounted to 6.7 GW, equivalent to 14% of the total RE capacity. In 2020, the country’s renewable energy investments reached USD 7.0bn, as Turkey grid-connected 4.8 GW of RE capacity, up from 2.1 GW in 2019.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Turkey
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Ascertain Turkey’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
See below for a complete table of report contents: