Venezuela Oil and Gas Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2017
Available in: English
Venezuela is a leading player in the global oil and gas industry. A founding member of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF), Venezuela holds the world’s largest proven oil reserves, as well as the eighth-biggest natural gas reserves, as of December 2015. The oil and gas sector has a paramount role in Venezuela’s economy, crude oil being the main product exported by the country, accounting for 75% of totalexports in 2015, while the share of the entire sector in national exports exceeded 90%. Since Venezuela is a commodity-exporting country, the slump of international oil prices since 2014 has affected the domestic economy, as revenues from oil exports contracted by 50.7% y/y in 2015. Inaddition, a prolonged period of underinvestment in exploration has resulted in a steady decline in oil output since 2012 and in relatively small economic utilisation of the country’s abundant natural gas reserves.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Venezuela. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Venezuela
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Venezuela
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Venezuela’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Venezuela.
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes
See below for a complete table of report contents: