ASEAN Agribusiness Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2021
Available in: English
The Mexican agriculture sector, including crop, livestock and fisheries, plays a key role in the domestic economy. Agriculture GVA accounted for 3.8% of GDP in 2020, and the sector is among the largest employers in the country, with a share of 12.5% of total employment during the same year. Mexico has consolidated its position as one of the leading global food producers. Solid domestic demand is a major driver, but this positive performance has been largely driven by exports, which expanded by 6.4% y/y in value terms in 2020. Mexican agriculture remains largely dependent on the US market, in terms of exports destination and imports sources. However this sector has faced many challenges to improving productivity due to the slow adoption of technologies, including mechanisation and irrigation systems, reducing high food imports dependence, mainly of maize and poultry, and reducing the vulnerability to adverse weather conditions in the context of climate change.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agribusiness sector for ASEAN. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agribusiness sector in ASEAN
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in ASEAN
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain ASEAN’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in ASEAN
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: