Hungary is the world's 56th largest economy and ranks 34th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Hungarian economy grew by 4% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to a database of over 63,000 Hungarian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 220 local and global sources.
- Hungary VAT gap falls to 6.1pc MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2021-Dec-03
- Black Friday Sales: Better Than Expected, but Barely Budapest Business Journal | 2021-Dec-03
- HUF 10 bln Saved With Early USD Debt Repayment Hungary AM daily news | 2021-Dec-03
- Hungary saves HUF 10 bn with early USD debt repayment MTI Intraday News | 2021-Dec-02
- Hungary saves HUF 10bn with early USD debt repayment MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2021-Dec-02
- Can the Fed Overcome Its Transitory Policy Mistake? by Mohamed A. El-Erian Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2021-Dec-02
- Czech Republic GDP expands further in Q3 BBJ - Online | 2021-Dec-02
- The Supply-Chain Mess by Daron Acemoglu Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2021-Dec-02
- Insurers' premiums revenue climbs almost 12pc in Q1-Q3 MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2021-Dec-02
- Guinea : Approval of the General State Budgets Euclid - News | 2021-Dec-02
- Hungary: KSH reports economic growth of 6.1% in Q3 2021 M-Brain - News Monitoring | 2021-Dec-02
- In October 2021, industrial producer prices rise by 18.5% compared to one year earlier and by 4.5% compared to previous month KSH - First Releases | 2021-Dec-02
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Hungary Sources in our platform include:
Mediaworks Hungary Zrt.
Portfólio.hu - Net Média Zrt.
HVG Kiadói Zrt.
Magyar Hírlap Kiadói Kft.
MTVA - Media Services and Support Trust Fund
Business Publishing Services Kft.
Hungary Around The Clock - Access-Hungary Kft.
Tőzsdefórum - WebStart Kft.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 MOL Nyrt. (Hungary) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (4,066,709,000)
- 2 Audi Hungaria Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (2,699,247,837)
- 3 ALPIQ ENERGY SE Magyarorszagi Mft.e (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,371,603,194)
- 4 OTP Bank Nyrt. (Hungary) (Finance and Insurance) - (1,247,206,000)
- 5 Mercedes-Benz Manufacturing Hungary Kft. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,213,341,436)
- 6 Samsung Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,002,296,000)
- 7 Flextronics International Kft. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (902,307,050)
- 8 Orszagos Dohanyboltellato Kft. (Hungary) (Wholesale Trade) - (741,860,242)
- 9 MVM Next Energiakereskedelmi Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (728,139,000)
- 10 Citibank Europe plc. Fioktelepe (Hungary) (Finance and Insurance) - (681,583,616)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
Construction Market Forecast Report: Hungary, November 2020 EUROCONSTRUCT Construction Reports | 2021-Nov-15EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Infrastructure Sector Report 2021-2022 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2021-Nov-02Wound Care in Hungary Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Dec-02
Weight Management and Wellbeing in Hungary Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Dec-02Vitamins in Hungary Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Dec-02Sports Nutrition in Hungary Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Dec-02
Sleep Aids in Hungary Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Dec-02Paediatric Consumer Health in Hungary Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Dec-02NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Hungary Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Dec-02
Herbal/Traditional Products in Hungary Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Dec-02Eye Care in Hungary Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Dec-02Digestive Remedies in Hungary Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Dec-02
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Soccer - First-division: scores MTI Intraday News | 2021-Dec-03Orban: Brussels supports migration, fails to protect families, children MTI Intraday News | 2021-Dec-03Hungarian ChrisDems express concern over Tusk-Marki-Zay meeting MTI Intraday News | 2021-Dec-03
Weekly Wrap-up MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2021-Dec-03Weak ferro-silicon consumer demand drives down EU, China prices Metal Bulletin | 2021-Dec-03Szijjarto: 'Hungary has interest in Ukraine's security, development' MTI Intraday News | 2021-Dec-03
Government not to follow Austrian restrictions - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2021-Dec-03Ministry marks Intl Day of Persons with Disabilities MTI Intraday News | 2021-Dec-03Molybdic oxide prices tick up in Europe; freight issues persist Metal Bulletin | 2021-Dec-03
Last of 20 Airbus H145M helicopters arrives in Hungary MTI Intraday News | 2021-Dec-03Forint weakens on interbank forex market MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2021-Dec-03UPDATE - BUX extends losses (adds week) MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2021-Dec-03
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Infrastructure Sector Report 2021-2022 49 pages | 2021-Nov-02
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Transportation Sector Report 2021-2022 52 pages | 2021-Nov-05
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Automotive Sector Report 2021-2022 68 pages | 2021-Nov-05
EMIS Insights - Hungary Automotive Sector Report 2020/2021 73 pages | 2021-Nov-08
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Hungarian electronics company Kontaset and its Chinese partner T&S Communications have laid the cornerstone of a HUF 1.2 billion optical cable and connector plant in central Hungary which will be partly funded by the European Union (EU), Hungary Arou...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
Generali has signed an agreement to take over the life, non-life and composite insurance portfolios of three entities of ERGO International AG in Hungary and Slovakia. The terms of the deal will not be disclosed, but the gross written premium of the ...Mon, 04/29/2019 - 14:46
The value of mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in Hungary jumped by 150% on an annual basis to USD 4 billion in 2017, the Budapest Business Journal (BBJ) reported referring to data provided by consultancy EY. In terms of number, M&A deals booked a...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
The Hungarian government may impose a new tax on the big retail chains this spring, cabinet’s commissioner for retail policy Kristóf Szatmáry said. The move will target retailers with high sales revenues and will be aimed to “correct biased mar...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:29
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker