Hungary is the world's 56th largest economy and ranks 34th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Hungarian economy grew by 4% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to a database of over 63,000 Hungarian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 220 local and global sources.
- Orban: Possible Hungary will emerge from crisis stronger MTI Intraday News | 2022-Sep-26
- Economic Slowdown Requires Different Response Than Pandemic BBJ - Online | 2022-Sep-26
- Hungary - IMF delegation visits Hungary in early July EmergingMarketWatch - Daily News | 2022-Sep-26
- Hungary - Moody's does not revise Hungary's sovereign rating EmergingMarketWatch - Daily News | 2022-Sep-26
- Hungary: Deficit to reach 6.1% of GDP in 2022, Finance Minister says M-Brain - News Monitoring | 2022-Sep-26
- Trans-danubian Railway Development Preparations Begin Hungary AM daily news | 2022-Sep-26
- Moody's Holds Hungary's Sovereign Rating at 'Baa2' Hungary AM daily news | 2022-Sep-26
- Varga: Deficit Ratio Set to Reach 6.1% Hungary AM daily news | 2022-Sep-26
- Hungary gen govt deficit rises in Aug BBJ - Regional Today | 2022-Sep-26
- Tax revenues up in August Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26
- Here is how Budapest's agglomeration will be developed - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2022-Sep-25
- Gloomy prospects: government calculates with 20% inflation - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2022-Sep-24
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Hungary Sources in our platform include:
Portfólio.hu - Net Média Zrt.
MTVA - Media Services and Support Trust Fund
Business Publishing Services Kft.
Hungary Around The Clock - Access-Hungary Kft.
Tőzsdefórum - WebStart Kft.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 MOL Nyrt. (Hungary) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (5,992,078,000)
- 2 Audi Hungaria Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (2,788,120,900)
- 3 MVM CEEnergy Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,587,963,000)
- 4 ALPIQ ENERGY SE Magyarorszagi Mft.e (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,371,603,194)
- 5 Samsung Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,207,994,000)
- 6 Mercedes-Benz Manufacturing Hungary Kft. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,131,458,274)
- 7 MVM Partner Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,093,695,000)
- 8 MAVIR Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,072,725,000)
- 9 MVM Next Energiakereskedelmi Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (959,706,000)
- 10 BorsodChem Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (906,734,249)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Transportation Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-22EMIS Insights - Squeezing Supplies and Surging Prices - How Russia’s War in Ukraine is Affecting Food Security EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-26Strategic Overview of the Start-ups Disrupting Mobility, LATAM, 2022 F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Sep-20
Emerging Markets Cloud Contact Center Solutions Growth Opportunities F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Sep-20EMIS Insights - Fleeing Russia - The Mass Corporate Exodus EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-17Indian Electricity Growth Opportunities F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Sep-20
In Vitro Diagnostic eCommerce Business Models Growth Opportunities F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Sep-20Middle East Missile Defense Growth Opportunities F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Sep-20Strategic Profile of Geely F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Sep-20
Sustainability and Circularity Matters—Contact Center Growth Opportunities under the ESG Umbrella F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Sep-20South American Border Security Growth Opportunities F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Sep-20Colombian Data Communication Services Growth Opportunities F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Sep-20
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Hungary Matters 27/09/2022 Hungary Matters | 2022-Sep-26Census to start on October 1 Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26S Immo covers office building with solar panels Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26
Magyar Posta builds parcel handling centre Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26OTP opens property sales website Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26ÁKK introduces three-year bond Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26
Malfunction shuts down Mátrai Erm Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26Consumer confidence at ten-year low Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26Smaller base rate hike expected today Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26
Forint weakens during Orbáns speech Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26Students join teachers In live chain Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26Fidesz has lost 700,000 voters Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-Sep-26
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Transportation Sector Report 2022-2023 53 pages | 2022-Sep-22
EMIS Insights - Squeezing Supplies and Surging Prices - How Russia’s War in Ukraine is Affecting Food Security 16 pages | 2022-Aug-26
EMIS Insights - Fleeing Russia - The Mass Corporate Exodus 18 pages | 2022-Aug-17
EMIS Insights - War in Ukraine - A Seismic Shift in Warfare and Attitudes Towards Defense 20 pages | 2022-Aug-17
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Hungarian electronics company Kontaset and its Chinese partner T&S Communications have laid the cornerstone of a HUF 1.2 billion optical cable and connector plant in central Hungary which will be partly funded by the European Union (EU), Hungary Arou...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
Generali has signed an agreement to take over the life, non-life and composite insurance portfolios of three entities of ERGO International AG in Hungary and Slovakia. The terms of the deal will not be disclosed, but the gross written premium of the ...Mon, 04/29/2019 - 14:46
The value of mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in Hungary jumped by 150% on an annual basis to USD 4 billion in 2017, the Budapest Business Journal (BBJ) reported referring to data provided by consultancy EY. In terms of number, M&A deals booked a...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
The Hungarian government may impose a new tax on the big retail chains this spring, cabinet’s commissioner for retail policy Kristóf Szatmáry said. The move will target retailers with high sales revenues and will be aimed to “correct biased mar...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:29
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker