Hungary is the world's 56th largest economy and ranks 34th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Hungarian economy grew by 4% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to a database of over 63,000 Hungarian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 220 local and global sources.
- Hungary: Government records HUF 326.2bn deficit in April 2022 M-Brain - News Monitoring | 2022-May-26
- Economic development minister informs Banking Association on decision to cut extra profits MTI Intraday News | 2022-May-25
- Average gross earnings reach HUF 511,400 in March BBJ - Online | 2022-May-25
- Orbán: Hungary Needs Innovative Economic Policy Measures Hungary AM daily news | 2022-May-25
- Orban points to need for new 'unorthodox' economic policy measures MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-May-24
- Hungary - AKK reduces three-month T-bill issuance on primary auction EmergingMarketWatch - Daily News | 2022-May-24
- The fifth Orbán government was formed Hungarian Official News Digest | 2022-May-25
- Hungary's Government Gets Emergency Powers Due to Ukraine War, PM Orban Says Hungarian Official News Digest | 2022-May-25
- General Gov't Deficit Reached HUF 2.636 tln in April Hungary AM daily news | 2022-May-24
- Hungary's gen govt deficit confirmed BBJ - Regional Today | 2022-May-24
- Budget deficit Ft 326bn in April Hungary Around the Clock | 2022-May-23
- Hungary - EC issues six country-specific recommendations to Hungary EmergingMarketWatch - Daily News | 2022-May-23
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Hungary Sources in our platform include:
Mediaworks Hungary Zrt.
Portfólio.hu - Net Média Zrt.
HVG Kiadói Zrt.
Magyar Hírlap Kiadói Kft.
MTVA - Media Services and Support Trust Fund
Business Publishing Services Kft.
Hungary Around The Clock - Access-Hungary Kft.
Tőzsdefórum - WebStart Kft.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 MOL Nyrt. (Hungary) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (4,066,709,000)
- 2 Audi Hungaria Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (2,699,247,837)
- 3 ALPIQ ENERGY SE Magyarorszagi Mft.e (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,371,603,194)
- 4 Mercedes-Benz Manufacturing Hungary Kft. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,213,341,436)
- 5 Samsung Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,002,296,000)
- 6 Flextronics International Kft. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (902,307,050)
- 7 Orszagos Dohanyboltellato Kft. (Hungary) (Wholesale Trade) - (741,860,242)
- 8 MVM Next Energiakereskedelmi Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (728,139,000)
- 9 Citibank Europe plc. Fioktelepe (Hungary) (Finance and Insurance) - (681,583,616)
- 10 Magyar Telekom Nyrt. (Hungary) (Information) - (678,890,000)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
Hungary Petrochemicals Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Autos Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Medical Devices Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
Hungary Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Logistics & Freight Transport Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Information Technology Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
Hungary Telecommunications Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Telecommunications Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Logistics & Freight Transport Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
Hungary Information Technology Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Petrochemicals Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Autos Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
MKB Q1 profit slips as integration costs rise MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-May-26BUX dives on announcement of windfall tax MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-May-26UPDATE - Jobless rate stands at 3.6pc in April (adds details) MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-May-26
Jobless rate 3.6 pc in April MTI Intraday News | 2022-May-26Táblázat - A 15-74 éves népesség gazdasági aktivitása - KSH MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-May-26Jobless rate stands at 3.6pc in April MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-May-26
Only 1/3 of Hungarians satisfied with employment BBJ - Online | 2022-May-26Pfizer delivers over 43,000 Covid jabs for young children in May MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-May-26Input prices climb faster than farmgate prices in Q1 MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-May-26
Orbán orders large firms to cede 'extra profits' to state funds BBJ - Online | 2022-May-26Cabinet Briefing to be held on Thursday afternoon - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2022-May-26Opposition parties comment on windfall taxes MTI Intraday News | 2022-May-26
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Infrastructure Sector Report 2021-2022 49 pages | 2022-Feb-04
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Transportation Sector Report 2021-2022 52 pages | 2021-Nov-05
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Automotive Sector Report 2021-2022 68 pages | 2021-Nov-05
EMIS Insights - Hungary Automotive Sector Report 2020/2021 73 pages | 2021-Nov-08
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Hungarian electronics company Kontaset and its Chinese partner T&S Communications have laid the cornerstone of a HUF 1.2 billion optical cable and connector plant in central Hungary which will be partly funded by the European Union (EU), Hungary Arou...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
The value of mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in Hungary jumped by 150% on an annual basis to USD 4 billion in 2017, the Budapest Business Journal (BBJ) reported referring to data provided by consultancy EY. In terms of number, M&A deals booked a...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
Generali has signed an agreement to take over the life, non-life and composite insurance portfolios of three entities of ERGO International AG in Hungary and Slovakia. The terms of the deal will not be disclosed, but the gross written premium of the ...Mon, 04/29/2019 - 14:46
The Hungarian government may impose a new tax on the big retail chains this spring, cabinet’s commissioner for retail policy Kristóf Szatmáry said. The move will target retailers with high sales revenues and will be aimed to “correct biased mar...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:29
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker