Hungary is the world's 56th largest economy and ranks 34th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Hungarian economy grew by 4% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to a database of over 63,000 Hungarian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 220 local and global sources.
- UPDATE - Central bank projects faster disinflation from H2 (adds details) MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Mar-30
- Hungary : It Must Be Made Clear That the Global Majority Wants Peace Euclid - News | 2023-Mar-30
- Hungary: Parliament passes amendment to budget for 2023 M-Brain - News Monitoring | 2023-Mar-29
- Hungary: GDP per capita stands at 77% of EU average in 2022 M-Brain - News Monitoring | 2023-Mar-29
- JCR Affirms Hungary's Sovereign Rating at 'A-' Hungary AM daily news | 2023-Mar-30
- Official: Consumer protection a priority for Hungarian govt MTI Intraday News | 2023-Mar-28
- JCR affirms Hungary investment grade rating MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Mar-28
- Juhász Hajnalka: How does the government protect families? Hungarian News Digest | 2023-Mar-29
- Price Monitoring System Working Group Established Hungary AM daily news | 2023-Mar-29
- Lawmakers pass headline figures of 2023 budget amendment MTI Intraday News | 2023-Mar-27
- Hungary GDP/Capita Rises to 77% of EU Average BBJ - Online | 2023-Mar-27
- LIST: Here's why Hungary has not received the EU funds yet - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2023-Mar-27
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Hungary Sources in our platform include:
Portfólio.hu - Net Média Zrt.
MTVA - Media Services and Support Trust Fund
Business Publishing Services Kft.
Tőzsdefórum - WebStart Kft.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 MOL Nyrt. (Hungary) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (9,911,879,000)
- 2 Audi Hungaria Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (2,788,120,900)
- 3 MVM CEEnergy Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,587,963,000)
- 4 ALPIQ ENERGY SE Magyarorszagi Mft.e (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,371,603,194)
- 5 Samsung Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,207,994,000)
- 6 Mercedes-Benz Manufacturing Hungary Kft. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,131,458,274)
- 7 MVM Partner Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,093,695,000)
- 8 MAVIR Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,072,725,000)
- 9 MVM Next Energiakereskedelmi Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (959,706,000)
- 10 BorsodChem Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (906,734,249)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - Ukraine's Invasion - Impact on Global Financial Sector EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Jan-24Strategic Profile of BYD Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-Mar-16Growth Opportunities and Innovative Use Cases for AI in Clinical Trials Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-Mar-16
PCR-based PoC Platforms for Infectious Disease Testing Growth Opportunities Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-Mar-16EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Agribusiness Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Oct-28Medical Device Connectivity Growth Opportunities for Emerging Markets Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-Mar-29
Growth Opportunities in Emerging Markets Electric Vehicle (EV) Battery Reuse and Recycling Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-Mar-29EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Oct-06AI Commercial Use Cases, Impact Analyses, and Growth Opportunities in Clinical Genomics Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2022-Nov-08
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Transportation Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Oct-06Strategic Overview of Start-ups Disrupting the APAC Autonomous Vehicle Market in Emerging Markets Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-Mar-21Strategic Overview of Start-ups Disrupting the Connected Car Industry, 2022 in Emerging Markets Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-Mar-16
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Cbank sees faster disinflation from second half of 2023 MTI Intraday News | 2023-Mar-30AKK sells HUF 33.5bn of securities at auction, over plan MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Mar-30Azerbaijan Investment Company, Hungary's Hell Energy sign investment agreement - minister (PHOTO) Daily News | 2023-Mar-30
UPDATE - Central bank projects faster disinflation from H2 (adds details) MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Mar-30Central bank projects faster disinflation from H2 MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Mar-30Forint weakens on interbank forex market MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Mar-30
Tarsadalomkutato: Support for opposition falls further - survey MTI Intraday News | 2023-Mar-30BUX looks for direction in early trade MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Mar-30Bosch, BME inaugurate EV tech centre MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Mar-30
President Novak meets with Turkish President Erdogan in Ankara MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Mar-30Ukraine crisis - More than 9,000 refugees enter Hungary on Wednesday MTI Intraday News | 2023-Mar-30Govt raises security reserves gas volume MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Mar-30
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Ukraine's Invasion - Impact on Global Financial Sector 18 pages | 2023-Jan-24
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Agribusiness Sector Report 2022-2023 47 pages | 2022-Oct-28
EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector 22 pages | 2022-Oct-06
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Transportation Sector Report 2022-2023 53 pages | 2022-Oct-06
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Hungary’s Kontaset, Chinese partner to build HUF 1.2bn plant in HungaryHungarian electronics company Kontaset and its Chinese partner T&S Communications have laid the cornerstone of a HUF 1.2 billion optical cable and connector plant in central Hungary which will be partly funded by the European Union (EU), Hungary Arou...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
Value of Hungary’s M&As in 2017 soars 150% y/yThe value of mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in Hungary jumped by 150% on an annual basis to USD 4 billion in 2017, the Budapest Business Journal (BBJ) reported referring to data provided by consultancy EY. In terms of number, M&A deals booked a...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
Generali to take over ERGO’s insurance business in Hungary, SlovakiaGenerali has signed an agreement to take over the life, non-life and composite insurance portfolios of three entities of ERGO International AG in Hungary and Slovakia. The terms of the deal will not be disclosed, but the gross written premium of the ...Mon, 04/29/2019 - 14:46
Hungary mulls new tax on big retailersThe Hungarian government may impose a new tax on the big retail chains this spring, cabinet’s commissioner for retail policy Kristóf Szatmáry said. The move will target retailers with high sales revenues and will be aimed to “correct biased mar...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:29
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker