Jordan is the world's 87th largest economy and ranks 64th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Jordanian economy grew by 2.9% in 2017. A subscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 400 Jordanian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 100 local and global sources.
- Social Security Corporation extends Estidama programme until end of October The Jordan Times | 2022-Aug-12
- Consumer price index up by 3.63% until July 2022 — DoS The Jordan Times | 2022-Aug-12
- Local revenues reached JD3.068b in first 5 months of 2022 — Finance Ministry The Jordan Times | 2022-Aug-11
- Jordan received $1.54 billion in foreign aid in January-July period of 2022 — Planning Ministry The Jordan Times | 2022-Aug-10
- Inflation is back in a big way is your business ready? TradeArabia | 2022-Aug-10
- Getting business ready to tackle rampant Inflation TradeArabia | 2022-Aug-08
- Social media influencers urged to file income tax returns The Jordan Times | 2022-Aug-05
- Cabinet approves number of bylaws The Jordan Times | 2022-Aug-04
- Lower House refutes reports on MPs' salary increase The Jordan Times | 2022-Aug-03
- Middle East offsets inflation with rising oil prices Bidsinfo News | 2022-Jul-30
- Global growth to slow this year and next, says IMF TradeArabia | 2022-Jul-27
- Departure from usual path key for real economic growth, say economists The Jordan Times | 2022-Jul-26
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Jordan Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Exchange Data International
Progressive Digital Media
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 National Electric Power Company (Jordan) (Utilities) - (1,557,646)
- 2 Jordan Phosphate Mines Public Shareholding Company (شركة مناجم الفوسفات الأردنية المساهمة العامة المحدودة) (Jordan) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (1,127,445)
- 3 Jordan Petroleum Refinery Company (A Public Shareholding Limited Company) (شركة مصفاة البترول الأردنية) (Jordan) (Utilities) - (967,198)
- 4 Jordan Electric Power Company Public Shareholding Company (شركة الكهرباء الأردنية المساهمة العامة المحدودة) (Jordan) (Utilities) - (911,833)
- 5 Arab Bank Group (البنك العربي) (Jordan) (Finance and Insurance) - (909,473)
- 6 The Arab Potash Company (Public Shareholding Company) (البوتاس العربية) (Jordan) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (706,552)
- 7 Afaq For Energy Plc (آفاق للطاقة) (Jordan) (Wholesale Trade) - (616,805)
- 8 Baby Life For Manufacturing Of Hygienic Products (Jordan) (Manufacturing) - (572,946)
- 9 Electricity Distribution Company (Public Shareholding Company) (توزيع الكهرباء المساهمة العامة) (Jordan) (Utilities) - (571,735)
- 10 Al Hazaa Investment (Jordan) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (458,780)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - Fleeing Russia - The Mass Corporate Exodus EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Jul-18EMIS Insights - War in Ukraine - A Seismic Shift in Warfare and Attitudes Towards Defense EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Jun-16EMIS Insights - The Road Ahead - Forces Shaping the Automotive Sector's 2022 Outlook EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Jun-16
Jordan Medical Devices Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05Jordan Medical Devices Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05
Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05Jordan Autos Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Jul-29Jordan Autos Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Jul-29
Jordan Telecommunications Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Jul-29Jordan Telecommunications Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Jul-29EMIS Insights - MENA Infrastructure Sector Report 2021-2022 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Feb-04
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
QUICK HEAL JOINS FORCES WITH REVBITS TO STRENGTHEN ITS CYBERSECURITY PORTFOLIO PR Newswire - English | 2022-Aug-15Orange Jordan to open FabLab at Hashemite University for youth training Telecompaper News | 2022-Aug-15Orange and Umniah agree to prepare for 5G Telecompaper News | 2022-Aug-15
DESTINATION DHOFAR: THE TROPICAL SIDE OF OMAN PR Newswire - English | 2022-Aug-15Ping An urges HSBC over spin-off of Asian business - report SeeNews | 2022-Aug-15OPTASIA AMONG THE TOP 25 MIDDLE EAST FINTECH COMPANIES ACCORDING TO FORBES MIDDLE EAST MAGAZINE PR Newswire - English | 2022-Aug-15
URBAN TECH GOES LIVE WITH YARDI PLATFORM TO HELP DRIVE GROWTH PR Newswire - English | 2022-Aug-15CGTN POLL: 78.34% OF PEOPLE BELIEVE CHINA VITALIZED WORLD ECONOMY PR Newswire - English | 2022-Aug-15Xiaomi Pilot Technology revealed; to invest $487.6m TradeArabia | 2022-Aug-15
Krohne to show safety expertise credentials at Achema 2022 TradeArabia | 2022-Aug-15Penspen wins $48m worth of new contracts in Q2 2022 TradeArabia | 2022-Aug-15JOHUD holds elections for youth committee leaders The Jordan Times | 2022-Aug-15
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Fleeing Russia - The Mass Corporate Exodus 18 pages | 2022-Jul-18
EMIS Insights - War in Ukraine - A Seismic Shift in Warfare and Attitudes Towards Defense 20 pages | 2022-Jun-16
EMIS Insights - The Road Ahead - Forces Shaping the Automotive Sector's 2022 Outlook 22 pages | 2022-Jun-16
EMIS Insights - MENA Infrastructure Sector Report 2021-2022 66 pages | 2022-Feb-04
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Israel is expected to begin its natural gas deliveries to Jordan in early 2020, The Jordan Times reported referring to the CEO of Jordan’s National Electric Power Company (NEPCO), Abdel Fattah Daradkeh. Currently, a construction of a 65-km pipeline t...Thu, 07/05/2018 - 09:02
Jordan and Iraq have reached an agreement for a construction of a twin oil and gas pipeline from Iraq's city of Basra to Jordan’s Aqaba port, Petroleum Bazaar reported. The new pipeline, which is planned to be 1,680 km long, will generate revenu...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:37
Russia is set to boost its grain exports to Jordan, newswire Prime reported on Wednesday citing Agriculture Minister Alexander Tkachyov. “We may also raise supplies of our grains to Jordan and welcome expansion of exports of Jordanian production...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:46
Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair and the Jordan Tourism Board (JTB) have agreed to add six more routes to the Kingdom, The Jordan Times reported. Thus, the air carrier will operate a total of 22 routes that will connect Jordan to 14 European countries....Wed, 10/27/2021 - 09:07
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker