Malaysia is the 38th largest economy in the world and ranks 20th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Malaysian economy grew at a rate of 5.9% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 100,000 Malaysian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 250 local and global sources.
- PM: Dissolution of Parliament to be discussed with Agong today if time permits Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-06
- Auditor-General: 2021 income tax collection fell RM11 bln due MCO job losses, pay cuts Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-06
- Budget 2023: As talks of Parliament dissolution heat up, PM says wait for tomorrow for answer Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-06
- Orang Ulu chamber wants Sarawak to get RM15 bln under Budget 2023 Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-06
- Malaysia on a tightrope to avert Britain's painful lesson on currency crunch Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Oct-06
- Budget 2023: Can PM Ismail Sabri please everyone with an election Budget? Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Oct-06
- Malaysia confirms budget announcement on schedule, amid election speculation Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Oct-06
- PAHANG BUDGET 2023 WILL STILL BE TABLED THIS FRIDAY - MB Bernama Newswires | 2022-Oct-06
- HSBC EXPECTS MALAYSIA'S DEFICIT TO BE LOWER AT 4.9 PCT IN 2023 Bernama Newswires | 2022-Oct-06
- Upcoming budget to reinforce current economic momentum, inclusivity The Malaysian Reserve | 2022-Oct-05
- DCCI hopes for specific allocation for Dayak community Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-05
- Ensure budget is passed after tabling New Straits Times | 2022-Oct-05
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Malaysia Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Mira Inform Private Ltd
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia (BERNAMA)
New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd.
The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd
GRDS Reports Ltd.
RHB Research Institute
Knight Frank (Malaysia)
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Sime Darby Industrial Holdings Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (159,130,000)
- 2 Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (53,511,100)
- 3 Employees Provident Fund (Malaysia) (Finance and Insurance) - (41,848,011)
- 4 Petronas Lng Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services) - (43,679,336)
- 5 Sime Darby Berhad (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (42,829,000)
- 6 Axiata Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Information) - (25,939,194)
- 7 Ytl Corporation Berhad (Malaysia) (Utilities) - (26,118,716)
- 8 Malaysia Lng Tiga Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (19,353,502)
- 9 Petronas Chemicals Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Manufacturing) - (23,960,000)
- 10 Petronas Dagangan Berhad (Malaysia) (Wholesale Trade) - (22,787,293)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - Africa Mining Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Oct-06EMIS Insights - Singapore Construction Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Oct-06Malaysia Industry Research - REITS: The Future Of Industrial Real Estate RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Oct-04
Malaysia Industry Research - Banks: Another Strong Month Of Loan Growth; Still O/ W RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Oct-06EMIS Insights - Greenflation and the Clean Energy Transition in Southeast Asia EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Oct-06Malaysia Industry Research - Rubber Products: The Descent Of Rubber Glove Giants; Cut To U/ W RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Oct-06
EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Oct-06Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: National Marques Racing Ahead RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Oct-06EMIS Insights - Malaysia Agribusiness Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Oct-05
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Oct-06EMIS Insights - Malaysia Electric Power Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Oct-06Malaysia Industry Research - Telecommunications: JENDELA: 2Q22 Progress Report RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Oct-06
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Uzbekistan Airways to resume direct flights to Kuala Lumpur Daily News | 2022-Oct-06Astro's profit grows 23%, broadband user base jumps 40% in Q2 Telecompaper News | 2022-Oct-06TAURX ANNOUNCES RESULTS FROM PHASE 3 ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE STUDY, LUCIDITY, ASSURING PATH FOR REGULATORY SUBMISSIONS PR Newswire - English | 2022-Oct-06
/DISREGARD RELEASE: SHIPSY/ PR Newswire - English | 2022-Oct-06TRAVELOKA & TOURISM MALAYSIA COLLABORATE TO SHOWCASE MALAYSIA AS PREFERRED HOLIDAY DESTINATION PR Newswire - English | 2022-Oct-06SHIPSY LAUNCHES PLUG-AND-PLAY UNIFIED CONTAINER TRACKING PLATFORM FOR SHIPMENT VISIBILITY ACROSS CARRIERS PR Newswire - English | 2022-Oct-06
NRB Bank signed an agreement with Sunway Healthcare Group, Malaysia & IMIC Islamic Finance News | 2022-Oct-06INNOVATE TECH SHOW 2022: DRIVING BUSINESSES TOWARDS DIGITALIZATION AND SUSTAINABILITY PR Newswire - English | 2022-Oct-06TAIWAN'S ELECTRICITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS TO FACILITATE THE NET-ZERO TARGETS AND THE GREEN SUPPLY CHAIN OPPORTUNITIES WORLDWIDE PR Newswire - English | 2022-Oct-06
Uggah: Voting GPS crucial for Betong's devt, prosperity Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-06Istana Negara: PM's audience with King is pre-cabinet meeting Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-06Hidden agenda behind Warisan's malicious attacks against PH - DAP Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-06
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Africa Mining Sector Report 2022-2023 84 pages | 2022-Oct-06
EMIS Insights - Singapore Construction Sector Report 2022-2023 63 pages | 2022-Oct-06
EMIS Insights - Greenflation and the Clean Energy Transition in Southeast Asia 32 pages | 2022-Oct-06
EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector 22 pages | 2022-Oct-06
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Malaysia’s economy is seen to perform better in the second quarter of 2018 as a result of strong domestic sector, solid labour market and better wage growth, Business Times has reported citing comments from the country's top economists. "Privat...Mon, 08/13/2018 - 10:52
Citing a surge in parcel deliveries driven by booming e-commerce, Pos Malaysia Berhad plans to have discussions with Alibaba to cut through middlemen and increase its role in the industry. The company is currently considered the world’s most va...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:29
Increasing volumes are the main driver of the expected growth in motor vehicle insurance premiums in Malaysia in 2017. BMI expects the total number of vehicles in Malaysia to grow by 5.7% and for the price of an insurance policy to increase as well,...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 17:49
Malaysia is expected to see an increase in capital inflow from Chinese investments in 2018 as major infrastructure projects related to the Belt and Road Initiative continue to attract more developers from the mainland to the country, the Malaysian Re...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:37
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker