Malaysia is the 38th largest economy in the world and ranks 20th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Malaysian economy grew at a rate of 5.9% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 100,000 Malaysian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 250 local and global sources.
- Azmin: RM8b allocation for 205 projects in Selangor approved under third rolling plan of 12MP Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Jan-28
- Finance Ministry, UN say MySDG fund to support sustainable development goals-focused solutions by NGOs, civil society groups Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Jan-28
- European Inflation Is Not American Inflation by Jean Pisani-Ferry Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2022-Jan-27
- Malaysia - PPI inflation decelerates to 9-month low of 10.0% y/y in December EmergingMarketWatch - Daily News | 2022-Jan-27
- Abg Jo to launch over RM285 mln Sarawakku Sayang aid package Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jan-27
- CUSTOMS EXCEEDS 2021 TARGET WITH RM42.5B New Straits Times | 2022-Jan-27
- Malaysian manufacturers urge Putrajaya to prioritise economic recovery, reinstate GST Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Jan-27
- BSP vows to tame inflation Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Jan-27
- ASIA FACING 'TRIPLE POLICY CHALLENGE' TO LONG-TERM GROWTH, NEW ASIA HOUSE REPORT FINDS PR Newswire - English | 2022-Jan-26
- ECLAC needs to set aside four rogue countries to measure inflation for year 2021 MercoPress International | 2022-Jan-26
- IMF's Gita Gopinath On Her " Asia economy & politics | 2022-Jan-26
- FULL IMPLEMENTATION OF NACP CAN IMPACT MALAYSIAS POSITION IN CPI - GIACC Bernama Newswires | 2022-Jan-27
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Malaysia Sources in our platform include:
Mira Inform Private Ltd
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia (BERNAMA)
New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd.
The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd
GRDS Reports Ltd.
RHB Research Institute
Knight Frank (Malaysia)
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Sapura Secured Technologies Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services) - (354,080,382)
- 2 Sime Darby Berhad (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (44,740,999)
- 3 Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (45,102,600)
- 4 Employees Provident Fund (Malaysia) (Finance and Insurance) - (41,848,011)
- 5 Petronas Lng Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services) - (28,341,503)
- 6 Hong Leong Company Bhd (Malaysia) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (26,465,107)
- 7 Cimb L Limited (Malaysia) (Finance and Insurance) - (25,065,346)
- 8 Malaysia Lng Tiga Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (19,353,502)
- 9 Axiata Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Information) - (24,752,001)
- 10 Sam Tooling Technology Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Other Services (except Public Administration)) - (22,267,000)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
Malaysia Industry Research - Regional Oil & Gas: Geopolitical Tensions Taking Centre Stage; Keep O/ W RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jan-27Malaysia Industry Research - Plantation: Indian Palm Oil Demand #8211; Highly Price Sensitive RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jan-25Malaysia Industry Research - Telecommunications: The SWN & DWN Showdown RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jan-24
Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: On The Mend RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jan-24Malaysia Industry Research - Plantation: Impact From Floods To Be Temporary; Still U/ W RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jan-11Malaysia Industry Research - Real Estate: Choppy Road To Recovery RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jan-11
Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: Rocky Recovery Ahead RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jan-05Malaysia Industry Research - Integrated Oil & Gas: Better Activities Guidance; Keep OVERWEIGHT RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jan-03ASEAN Interior Design and Fit Out Market - Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Jan-04
APAC In-Vitro Diagnostics Market - Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Jan-04Asia Pacific Frozen Cake Market - Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Jan-19Asia-Pacific Plant-based Food and Beverages Market - Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Jan-19
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Job scam lands Sabah man in prison Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jan-28Sibuti MP says GE15 a new challenge in view of Undi18 Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jan-28Six in Sibu fined for violating SOP Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jan-28
DAP to continue serving with vigour, says Ling Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jan-28Sudden rise in demand leads to shortage of eggs in Limbang, Lawas Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jan-28Covid-19: 10 deaths recorded in the last 24 hours, three brought in dead Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jan-28
Will Zuraida join Parti Bangsa Malaysia? Youth chief says minister invited, predicts mass defection from PKR Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jan-28Platts Asia Indian Shredded Scrap Weekly Rationale SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-28WEEKLY SCRAP WRAP: Prices mostly firm SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-28
FUTURES WRAP: LME scrap reverts to soft backwardation, volumes lower SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-28Asian rebar prices rise on strong demand expectations; billet increases SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-28WEEKLY MET COAL WRAP: Asian PLV prices jump on new booking SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-28
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - ASEAN Infrastructure Sector Report 2021-2022 101 pages | 2021-Dec-01
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Automotive Sector Report 2022-2023 74 pages | 2021-Nov-23
EMIS Insights - ASEAN Agribusiness Sector Report 2021-2022 75 pages | 2022-Jan-03
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Real Estate Sector Report 2021-2022 90 pages | 2021-Nov-01
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Malaysia’s economy is seen to perform better in the second quarter of 2018 as a result of strong domestic sector, solid labour market and better wage growth, Business Times has reported citing comments from the country's top economists. "Privat...Mon, 08/13/2018 - 10:52
Citing a surge in parcel deliveries driven by booming e-commerce, Pos Malaysia Berhad plans to have discussions with Alibaba to cut through middlemen and increase its role in the industry. The company is currently considered the world’s most va...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:29
Increasing volumes are the main driver of the expected growth in motor vehicle insurance premiums in Malaysia in 2017. BMI expects the total number of vehicles in Malaysia to grow by 5.7% and for the price of an insurance policy to increase as well,...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 17:49
Malaysia is expected to see an increase in capital inflow from Chinese investments in 2018 as major infrastructure projects related to the Belt and Road Initiative continue to attract more developers from the mainland to the country, the Malaysian Re...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:37
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker