The Philippines is the 35th largest economy in the world and ranks 18th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Philippines economy grew at a rate of 6.7% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 33,000 companies in The Philippines as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 200 local and global sources.
- Gatchalian urges DepEd to ramp up hiring process, fill up vacant teaching positions Manila Bulletin | 2021-Oct-26
- Revenue from marked fuel tops P305 billion Business World | 2021-Oct-26
- PHL shares drop on profit taking, rise in oil prices Business World | 2021-Oct-26
- Budget deficit widens in September The Manila Times | 2021-Oct-25
- Philippines: Positive impact of rise in gov't spending on GDP cited Thai News Service | 2021-Oct-25
- Philippines loses P2.2 trillion to COVID-19 Philstar | 2021-Oct-25
- Nine-month budget deficit exceeds P1 trillion Philstar | 2021-Oct-25
- Philippines - National govt budget deficit rises by 30.6% y/y to PHP 180.9bn in September EmergingMarketWatch - Daily News | 2021-Oct-25
- Govt collects â‚§13.06B from tax amnesty tack Business Mirror Newspaper | 2021-Oct-26
- Inflation seen higher than '21 target band Business Mirror Newspaper | 2021-Oct-26
- 9-month budget deficit widens 29.6% to P1.14 trillion Business Mirror Newspaper | 2021-Oct-26
- Philippines : DOE wants to tap oil excise tax collection for fuel subsidy Euclid - News | 2021-Oct-26
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Philippines Sources in our platform include:
Philippine Daily Inquirer, Inc.
Business World Online, Inc.
The Manila Times
Papa Securities Corp.
COL Financial Philippines
UniCapital Securities Inc.
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Progressive Digital Media
GRDS Reports Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Top Frontier Investment Holdings, Inc. (Philippines) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (760,658,000)
- 2 San Miguel Corporation (Philippines) (Utilities) - (760,599,000)
- 3 Sm Investments Corporation (Philippines) (Finance and Insurance) - (393,755,009)
- 4 Petron Corporation (Philippines) (Manufacturing) - (287,080,000)
- 5 San Miguel Food And Beverage, Inc (Philippines) (Manufacturing) - (280,436,000)
- 6 Manila Electric Company (Philippines) (Utilities) - (276,838,000)
- 7 Jg Summit Holdings Inc (Philippines) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (220,565,970)
- 8 Ayala Corporation (Philippines) (Utilities) - (217,416,325)
- 9 Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (Philippines) (Utilities) - (199,447,127)
- 10 Pldt Inc. (Philippines) (Information) - (182,240,000)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 380,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - Philippines Agribusiness Sector Report 2021-2022 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-20Asia Pacific Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecasts (2021-2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Southeast Asia Aircraft MRO Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-04
EMIS Insights - Philippines Renewable Energy Sector 2021-2022 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-01Wound Care in the Philippines Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19Weight Management and Wellbeing in the Philippines Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19
Vitamins in the Philippines Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19Sports Nutrition in the Philippines Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19Sleep Aids in the Philippines Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19
Paediatric Consumer Health in the Philippines Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the Philippines Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19Herbal/Traditional Products in the Philippines Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 54,000+ news stories every day.
Philippines - Treasury sells PHP 19.3bn reissued T-bonds, below target EmergingMarketWatch - Daily News | 2021-Oct-26A Bottom-Up Approach to Education Reform by Miroslav Beblavý & Soňa Muzikárová Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2021-Oct-26GAABOR: OFFERS USERS EASY ACCESS TO QUALITY PRODUCTS VIA YOUTUBE PR Newswire - English | 2021-Oct-26
PLDT to build 'hyperscaler' data center in Philippines Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26Telekom Malaysia partners with telecom tower providers for access to tower site facilities Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26Philippines - Additional output of PHP 7.1bn/week to result from NCR alert level downgrade EmergingMarketWatch - Daily News | 2021-Oct-26
A1 Bulgaria launches Endpoint Protection cyber-security service Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26Orange Romania increases Orange Money share capital Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26Vivacom adds EON Biz package for companies Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26
Entel Chile giving postpay users free Apple Music Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26Duterte hails signing of PH-Korea free trade pact: 'Our economies need it' Manila Bulletin | 2021-Oct-26CamSur priest running for mayor gets `irreversible' suspension from clerical duties PH Daily Inquirer | 2021-Oct-26
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Philippines Agribusiness Sector Report 2021-2022 85 pages | 2021-Oct-20
EMIS Insights - Philippines Renewable Energy Sector 2021-2022 75 pages | 2021-Oct-01
EMIS Insights - Philippines Insurance Sector Report 2021-2022 73 pages | 2021-Sep-21
EMIS Insights - Philippines Transportation Sector Report 2021-2022 71 pages | 2021-Aug-18
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Retailing is a fast growing sector in the Philippines. A confluence of favourable factors contribute to this, including a young population (median age of 23.4 years as of the 2010 census), rising incomes, and an increase in the consumer credit indust...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:16
With an overall score of 19.75, the Philippines has been ranked 13th in the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC)'s Travel and Tourism Power Rankings, Philstar has reported. The ranking demonstrates the country’s growth on travel and tourism indica...Fri, 09/28/2018 - 08:14
Japanese property developers remain bullish on the Philippines’ real estate market, industry insiders say, citing the country’s higher investor yields as one of the main factors. For instance, this year at least three local developers have teamed up ...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 18:18
Gina Lopez, the committed environmentalist who was very involved with the clean-up drive of Manila’s waterways, has been removed from the office after the Commission on Appointments turn down her confirmation due to lack of qualifications, as reporte...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 18:07
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker