The Philippines is the 35th largest economy in the world and ranks 18th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Philippines economy grew at a rate of 6.7% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 33,000 companies in The Philippines as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 200 local and global sources.
- UK think tank gives `competent' BBM economic team a chance PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-May-28
- Gov’t posts first budget surplus in nearly two years Manila Bulletin | 2022-May-28
- Improved alert level status to help gov't finances: economist Philippines News Agency | 2022-May-28
- Debt is top priority for Diokno as new Philippine finance chief Intellasia.Net News | 2022-May-28
- Incoming Philippine finmin does not favour tax hikes to tackle debt Intellasia.Net News | 2022-May-28
- Marcos Jr. picks BSP Governor Diokno as next finance secretary Intellasia.Net News | 2022-May-28
- Government posts a budget surplus in April as spending underwhelms Intellasia.Net News | 2022-May-28
- Shares rise as investors assess new admin's economic plan PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-May-27
- Diokno's top concern: tax collection, not debt PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-May-27
- Expert sees no need to cut fuel taxes The Manila Times | 2022-May-27
- Govt budget balance turns positive The Manila Times | 2022-May-27
- Diokno plays down rising debt concerns The Manila Times | 2022-May-27
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Philippines Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Philippine Daily Inquirer, Inc.
Business World Online, Inc.
The Manila Times
Papa Securities Corp.
COL Financial Philippines
UniCapital Securities Inc.
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Progressive Digital Media
GRDS Reports Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 San Miguel Corporation (Philippines) (Utilities) - (977,317,000)
- 2 Top Frontier Investment Holdings, Inc. (Philippines) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (760,658,000)
- 3 Petron Corporation (Philippines) (Manufacturing) - (439,338,000)
- 4 Sm Investments Corporation (Philippines) (Finance and Insurance) - (427,470,952)
- 5 San Miguel Food And Beverage, Inc (Philippines) (Manufacturing) - (310,522,000)
- 6 Manila Electric Company (Philippines) (Utilities) - (276,838,000)
- 7 Ayala Corporation (Philippines) (Utilities) - (271,808,858)
- 8 Jg Summit Holdings Inc (Philippines) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (248,211,637)
- 9 Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (Philippines) (Utilities) - (243,722,423)
- 10 Pldt Inc. (Philippines) (Information) - (198,014,000)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
Asia Pacific Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-29Asia Pacific Explosion Proof Equipment Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecast (2021-2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-29Philippines Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
Philippines Information Technology Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Philippines Autos Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Philippines Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
Philippines Logistics & Freight Transport Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Philippines Telecommunications Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Philippines Medical Devices Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
Philippines Petrochemicals Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Philippines Petrochemicals Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Philippines Logistics & Freight Transport Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
STEPHEN SPEAKS RELEASES NEW SINGLE 'ALIVE TO FIGHT' Business Mirror Newspaper | 2022-May-28NTC ORDERS TELCOS, REGIONAL DIRECTORS AND OICS TO WARN PUBLIC ON FAKE JOB TEXT SCAMS Business Mirror Newspaper | 2022-May-28FILIPINOS WITH AXIAL SPONDYLOARTHRITIS FACE DELAYED DIAGNOSIS, HEAVY DISEASE BURDEN - PMAS SURVEY Business Mirror Newspaper | 2022-May-28
UAAP beach volleyball: UST deals Ateneo its first loss PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-May-28UAAP: Eya Laure powers streaking UST past UP PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-May-28UK think tank gives `competent' BBM economic team a chance PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-May-28
Ex-MILF fighters finish skills training in Maguindanao Philippines News Agency | 2022-May-28BI ready to turn over leadership to new chief Philippines News Agency | 2022-May-28Andanar vouches for successor's competence Philippines News Agency | 2022-May-28
Army 'repositions' vs. remaining NPA group in MisOcc Philippines News Agency | 2022-May-282-year-old boy dies, 3 others hurt in Tacloban City fire PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-May-28Who will be the Next DICT Head? Manila Bulletin | 2022-May-28
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Philippines Construction Sector Report 2022-2023 65 pages | 2022-Apr-10
EMIS Insights - Philippines Real Estate Sector Report 2022-2023 66 pages | 2022-Mar-01
EMIS Insights - Philippines Food and Beverage Sector Report 2022-2023 70 pages | 2022-Feb-23
EMIS Insights - Southeast Asia Automotive Sector Report 2022-2023 63 pages | 2022-Feb-04
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Retailing is a fast growing sector in the Philippines. A confluence of favourable factors contribute to this, including a young population (median age of 23.4 years as of the 2010 census), rising incomes, and an increase in the consumer credit indust...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:16
With an overall score of 19.75, the Philippines has been ranked 13th in the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC)'s Travel and Tourism Power Rankings, Philstar has reported. The ranking demonstrates the country’s growth on travel and tourism indica...Fri, 09/28/2018 - 08:14
Japanese property developers remain bullish on the Philippines’ real estate market, industry insiders say, citing the country’s higher investor yields as one of the main factors. For instance, this year at least three local developers have teamed up ...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 18:18
Gina Lopez, the committed environmentalist who was very involved with the clean-up drive of Manila’s waterways, has been removed from the office after the Commission on Appointments turn down her confirmation due to lack of qualifications, as reporte...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 18:07
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker