Sri Lanka is the 65th largest economy in the world and ranks 43rd among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Sri Lankan economy grew at a rate of 4% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to a database of over 400 companies in Sri Lanka as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 130 local and global sources.
- Lest we forget, not Gotabaya Rajapaksa, but the politicaaxl system failed the country Daily Financial Times | 2022-Aug-14
- Dr. Harsha calls for short-term APG to overcome economic crisis Daily News | 2022-Aug-12
- Provide concessions on electricity bills to low-income families Daily News | 2022-Aug-12
- Discussions underway to allow concessions to low income groups: Govt. Daily Mirror | 2022-Aug-12
- Trying to bring in consensus among opposition and govt. on all-party-govt.: Harsha Daily Mirror | 2022-Aug-12
- Government has fulfilled four IMF conditions - NPP Daily News | 2022-Aug-11
- SL must focus on higher revenue mobilisation to overcome crisis Daily Financial Times | 2022-Aug-13
- Cabinet nod to allocate lands from regional industrial zones to set up factories Daily Financial Times | 2022-Aug-13
- The President, IMF and system change Daily Financial Times | 2022-Aug-13
- Cabinet appoints 2 sub-committees to fast-track decisions Daily Financial Times | 2022-Aug-13
- President assigns Governors with management of provinces Daily News | 2022-Aug-10
- Amended appropriation Bill presented to Parliament Daily Mirror | 2022-Aug-10
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Sri-Lanka Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Mira Inform Private Ltd
Lanka Securities (Pvt) Ltd.
Colombo Stock Exchange
GRDS Reports Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Expolanka Holdings Plc (Sri Lanka) (Transportation and Warehousing) - (701,748,649)
- 2 Phoenix Industries Limited (Sri Lanka) (Manufacturing) - (243,583,709)
- 3 The Ceylon Electricity Board (Sri Lanka) (Utilities) - (307,734,326)
- 4 Ocean Network Express Lanka Pvt Ltd (Sri Lanka) (Transportation and Warehousing) - (270,963,393)
- 5 Hayleys Plc (Sri Lanka) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (235,707,319)
- 6 Sri Lankan Airlines Limited (Sri Lanka) (Transportation and Warehousing) - (170,182,698)
- 7 Lanka Sathosa Limited (Sri Lanka) (Wholesale Trade) - (145,643,019)
- 8 Dialog Axiata Plc (Sri Lanka) (Information) - (142,566,490)
- 9 John Keells Holdings Plc (Sri Lanka) (Wholesale Trade) - (134,193,887)
- 10 Brandix Apparel Solutions (Sri Lanka) (Manufacturing) - (128,951,186)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - Fleeing Russia - The Mass Corporate Exodus EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Jul-18Asia-Pacific - Air Freight, July 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05Asia-Pacific - Real Estate, June 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05
Asia-Pacific - IT Hardware, June 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05Asia-Pacific - Oil & Gas, June 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05Asia-Pacific - Control Systems, June 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05
Asia-Pacific - Medium & Heavy Trucks, June 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05Asia-Pacific - Newspapers, June 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Jul-30Asia-Pacific - Sustainable Tourism, June 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Jul-30
Asia-Pacific - Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces, June 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05Asia-Pacific - Pet Healthcare, June 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05EMIS Insights - War in Ukraine - A Seismic Shift in Warfare and Attitudes Towards Defense EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Jun-16
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Ping An urges HSBC over spin-off of Asian business - report SeeNews | 2022-Aug-15Daily Market Report Asha Phillip Stk Updates | 2022-Aug-15Sri Lankan media highlights 15 Aug 22 BBC Monitoring | 2022-Aug-15
Vallibel Finance posts solid performance in very challenging year Daily Mirror | 2022-Aug-15Sampath Bank records marginal growth in earnings for 2Q amid heavy provisions Daily Mirror | 2022-Aug-15From 5th to 2nd position in 5 years: Softlogic Life is now SL's 2nd largest life insurer Daily Mirror | 2022-Aug-15
Power cut duration to be extended from tomorrow Daily Mirror | 2022-Aug-15Opposition nominates Eran, Kabir as COPE, COPA heads Daily Mirror | 2022-Aug-15India, a force to be reckoned with Daily Mirror | 2022-Aug-15
Dhaniz Ali released on bail Daily Mirror | 2022-Aug-15Cardinal says SL will not achieve true freedom till supremacy of law maintained Daily Financial Times | 2022-Aug-15NFF wants MOD to explain ban lift on proscribed organisations Daily Financial Times | 2022-Aug-15
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Fleeing Russia - The Mass Corporate Exodus 18 pages | 2022-Jul-18
EMIS Insights - War in Ukraine - A Seismic Shift in Warfare and Attitudes Towards Defense 20 pages | 2022-Jun-16
EMIS Insights - The Road Ahead - Forces Shaping the Automotive Sector's 2022 Outlook 22 pages | 2022-Jun-16
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker